If you can’t find the answer to your question here, please e-mail us and we’ll add it!
Alarm System keypad is beeping
- Cause: Usually an alert or unacknowledged alarm
- Solution: Press the * key several times to clear the message
Alarm System can’t be armed
- Cause: Usually an un-sealed zone, or a historical alarm is still showing on the screen
- Solution: Press the * key several times to clear any active alert on the screen. Make sure all doors & windows are secure. Enter your user code on the keypad to arm and disarm the system.
- If the system still cannot be armed then please lodge a service request on our help page.
Alarm has been tripped, do I need to call anyone?
- Not necessarily. If your alarm is tripped and not disarmed with a valid code, the SDS control room will call your nominated contacts in order. If you have tripped the alarm you can call the control room on 1300 760 796
- For repeated nuisance trips (alarm system faults), please lodge a service request on our help page.
Apple TV remote doesn’t work
- Cause: Remote is flat, or bluetooth pairing is lost
- Solution: Charge remote battery using iPhone charging cable, then follow these instructions to make sure the bluetooth connection is correctly established
Barco Clickshare – How do I use it with Zoom?
- Solution: See this instructional video
Foxtel – picture keeps breaking up
- Cause: Foxtel decoder software issue, or poor signal strength, or heavy rain (on satellite services only)
- Solution: power cycle the Foxtel box (unplug the power for 10 seconds then plug back in), if this does not resolve the issue then call Foxtel on 131999 to log a fault. For rain induced outages, the only solution is to wait.
Foxtel – “On Demand” has stopped working
- Cause: Foxtel has discontinued the “On Demand” service for IQ2 decoder units
- Solution: Several options – use Foxtel app on your Smart TV, or call Foxtel to discuss updating your decoder
- NOTE: Cable boxes will no longer be upgraded – Foxtel will require cable users to upgrade to a Satellite service which may require additional cabling to be run
Instructions – I have lost my Wifi / AV / Sonos / alarm / camera instructions
- Solution: All our custom instructions are available on our downloads page
- Note: If you’ve lost your network patch sheets, please lodge a service request on our help page and we can send them out again.
Netflix isn’t logged in anymore
- Cause: Often Netflix can be accessed on Smart TV, Apple TV, and Bluray players – not all these devices may be logged in.
- Solution: Make sure you are using the correct device to access Netflix – typically this will be Apple TV or Smart TV
- Note: If you have changed your Netflix password, your device may be automatically logged out
RTI remote goes flat very quickly
- Cause: The internal rechargable battery fatigues over time – normal life span is 2 to 3 years if the remote is kept on the charger
- Solution: Remote battery must be replaced – this can be done at the DLE office or on site. Please lodge a service request on our help page to arrange this.
RTI remote locks up
- Cause: Sometimes software lockups occur on the remote
- Solution: Restart the remote by holding down the “OK” and “Backlight” buttons (backlight button is at the bottom of the remote beneath the numbers) for 15 seconds, then place the remote back on the charging cradle
Printer problems – I can’t print to my NETWORK printer
- Cause: Your computer cannot find the selected printer – you may not be connected to the Wifi network
- Solution: Ensure you are connected to your wifi network. Then go to your computer “Control Panel” and find “Printer Settings”. Delete the printer and then re-add it, following the prompts on your operating system. Once this is done, try printing again
Printer problems – I can’t print to my USB printer
- Cause: Your computer cannot find the selected printer – this can happen if you’ve plugged the USB cable into a different port on your computer.
- Solution: Go to your computer “Control Panel” and find “Printer Settings”. Delete the printer and then re-add it, following the prompts on your operating system. Once this is done, try printing again
Savant remote won’t stay on the service screen once I choose a service
- Cause: Typically this means that the Savant host is unable to communicate with equipment required to deliver your requested service.
- Solution: Generally the easiest way to resolve this is to reset the entire AV system to re-establish communication with all required equipment. If you have a “System Reset” button in the rack, press this. Otherwise turn off the power to your AV rack for a minute, then turn it back on. Services usually take up to 5 minutes to restore, and lighting control can take up to 15 minutes to be re-established.
Sonos looks like it is working but there is no sound
- Cause: Either the correct room was not selected before starting music, or the zone is muted
- Solution: Make sure you have chosen the correct room by pressing the “rooms” button (middle button on the bottom row of the app), and check that the “mute” icon (small speaker picture) next to the volume slider is white (not red or greyed out)
Sonos app doesn’t work after getting a new iPhone
- Cause: Either your phone is not on the wifi network, or your phone privacy settings are preventing the app from seeing the Sonos system
- Solution: First, ensure you are connected to the wifi network. Then on your phone, go to Settings –> Privacy –> Local network –> Turn on “Sonos” – this will allow the Sonos app to access the network and the Sonos system
Samsung TV remote doesn’t work
- Cause: Flat battery, or bluetooth pairing has been lost, or remotes have been swapped between televisions
- Solution: Replace the batteries in the remote with fresh ones. If you have multiple Samsung televisions, make sure you are using the correct remote for the screen. Read this to re-establish bluetooth pairing.
Spotify doesn’t work on Sonos
- Cause: A PREMIUM account is required to use Spotify on Sonos
- Solution: Log into Spotify using a computer to check your account type, and if necessary upgrade your account or use an alternate music service on Sonos
Wifi connects but there is no internet access
- Cause: Modem lockup or internet outage
- Solution: power cycle modem (unplug power for 10 seconds then plug back in). Check with your internet provider for any outages in your area. Outages typically resolve themselves with no user intervention required, however if you need to power-cycle your network you can find instructions here.
- Note: During an outage you can use your phone as a “hotspot” for temporary access, however be aware some telcos charge high fees for excess data usage!
UPS is beeping
- Cause: Power outage, battery failure, or damage to UPS
- Solution: If your house is experiencing a power outage, the UPS beeping is normal. Some units have a “mute” button (looks like a little speaker) which you can press to silence the beeping. If the power is on at your premises and the UPS continues to beep, please lodge a service request on our help page to arrange maintenance on your UPS